Apple just released the new version of iOS, iOS 5.1, through Software Update. Notable new features in this update include Siri support for Japanese users, a new camera shortcut, and new Camera app for iPad. Full changelog below.
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
- Updated AT&T network indicator
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
At the moment of writing this, the update server can't be reached with iTunes, but the over-the-air update is working through iOS devices. We'll update this story with more details as we install iOS 5.1 on our devices.