Earlier today, Verizon Wireless released an update to their VZAccess Manager software for Mac that brings compatibility with one of the 4G LTE modems sold by the company, the Pantech UML290. Mac users can now connect to Verizon’s LTE network using the new 7.2.4 version of the app, which is available for download here.
The Pantech UML290 will cost you $100 with a two-year contract, with a 4G data plan available at $50 per month for 5 GB of data. The other 4G LTE modem, the LG VL600, doesn’t have OS X support yet. From the system requirements:
- OSX 10.4.72 or higher (Tiger), OSX 10.52 or higher (Leopard) 32-bit, OSX 10.62 or higher (Snow Leopard) 32-bit
- PowerMac G3 or newer with appropriate device interface
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.