The last update to Ramp Champ added retina graphics – for the iPhone 4. The beloved iOS arcade game sat untouched for nearly four years, until now. An update released yesterday by SocketFace Games adds 64-bit support, ensuring iOS 11 compatibility, along with several other changes including:
- Additional retina graphics
- Updated physics
- Updated sounds and music
- iCloud syncing
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements
- Force Touch icon support
Some classic games will inevitably be lost as a result of the transition to 64-bit apps, but it’s heartening to see some of the very best classics updated in recent weeks.
The update to Ramp Champ is available on the App Store.
Unlock MacStories Extras
Club MacStories offers exclusive access to extra MacStories content, delivered every week; it's also a way to support us directly.
Club MacStories will help you discover the best apps for your devices and get the most out of your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Plus, it's made in Italy.
Starting at $5/month, with an annual option available. Join the Club.
A Club MacStories membership includes:
- MacStories Weekly newsletter, delivered every week on Friday with app collections, tips, iOS workflows, and more;
- Monthly Log newsletter, delivered once every month with behind-the-scenes stories, app notes, personal journals, and more;
- Access to occasional giveaways, discounts, and free downloads.