As usual, Apple sprinkled facts, figures, and statistics throughout the keynote today. Here are highlights of some of those metrics from the event, which was held at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California.
- Updated 12MP TrueDepth 26 mm, f/1.8 wide camera with 6 elements that can take 4K video at 60 fps and 120 fps slow motion video
- A new wide camera sensor with 100% Focus Pixels and 3x faster autofocus in low light
- All-new 12 MP 13 mm, f/2.4, 5-element ultra wide camera with a 120 degree field of view
- 36% brighter True Tone flash
- 12MP front-facing camera, which enables landscape selfies, and supports 4K video
iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
- IP68 rating for water resistance up to 4 meters for 30 minutes
- The Super Retina XDR screen plays HDR video with up to 1,200 nits of brightness and a 2 million to 1 contrast ration
- The A13 Bionic chip (also in the iPhone 11) has 2 performance cores that are 20% faster and 30% lower power than the A12 and 4 efficiency cores that are 20% faster and 40% more efficient than the A12, has 8.5 billion transistors, and can handle 1 trillion operations per second
- 15% more energy efficient True Tone display with 458 pixels per inch
- New 12MP, 26mm, f/1.8 wide camera with 100% Focus Pixels
- New 12MP, 52mm, f/2.0, 6-element telephoto camera that allows the sensor to capture 40 percent more light than the iPhone XS
- New 12MP, 13mm, f/2.4, 5-element ultra-wide camera with a 120 degree field of view
- Apple’s Deep Fusion camera technology combines 9 images into one high dynamic range photo
7th Generation iPad
- 60% of buyers are first-time iPad owners
- The Retina display has almost 2.5 million pixels
You can follow all of our Apple event coverage through our September 10, 2019 hub, or subscribe to the dedicated September 10, 2019 RSS feed.
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.