As noted by The Loop, Apple launched its B2B App Store today, allowing business customers enrolled in the Volume Purchase Program to buy apps from iOS developers. The new Volume Purchase Program for business was first unveiled last week, when Apple announced the Volume Purchasing for Business would be available “soon”.
Streamline your purchasing process and put more power and productivity in the hands of your workforce. Every paid app in the App Store is available for businesses to buy in volume through the program website. Simply search for the apps you need, enter the quantity you want to buy, and complete the transaction with your corporate credit card. Apps are available for purchase at the same price listed in the App Store.
Custom B2B apps are built just for you by third-party developers and business partners to address a specific business process, integrate with a unique back-office environment, or deliver a custom interface for your users. Using the Volume Purchase Program, you can securely and privately purchase custom B2B apps for iPhone and iPad that make your business even more effective.
If you are a developer who is enrolled in the iOS Developer program you can create custom B2B apps for sale to your customers enrolled in the Volume Purchase Program.
Apple noted how B2B apps could address specific solutions and needs of business customers such as:
- A customized user interface including company logo or branding Unique features or capabilities specific to a business process or workflow
- Extra privacy protection to handle sensitive data
- A specific configuration to meet the customer’s server/back-office environment or IT environment
- Features targeted to a limited audience, such as a business partner, dealer, or franchise
To enroll in the program, business customers will need:
- Basic contact information to verify your business
- Dun & Bradstreet number (D-U-N-S) number
- Corporate credit card or PCard to purchase apps
A guide to the Volume Purchasing Program is available as .PDF here. According to Apple, any business in the US can partecipate to the Volume Purchasing program. Details on requirements and how to enroll can be viewed in our previous coverage, and the B2B App Store is accessible now at vpp.itunes.apple.com/us/store.