At this evening’s ‘Scary Fast’ Apple event, the company announced the new generation of M3 chips – M3, M3 Pro, and M3 Max – that will power three new models of MacBook Pro and the updated iMac, which is getting a refresh for the first time since its redesign featuring the M1 chip was introduced in 2021.
We’ll have more detailed overviews of the new computers up on MacStories soon, but in the meantime, here’s a breakdown of when you can expect to be able to get your hands on these new machines:
- MacBook Pro
- The 14-inch MacBook Pro with M3 starts at $1,599;
- The 14‑inch MacBook Pro with M3 Pro starts at $1,999;
- The 16‑inch MacBook Pro starts at $2,499;
- All models except the M3 Max can be pre-ordered today and will be available next Tuesday, November 7th;
- The M3 Max models will be available “later in November” – current shipping estimates mention “2/3 weeks’.
- iMac with 8-core GPU starts at $1,299 and is available in green, pink, blue, and silver;
- iMac with 10-core GPU starts at $1,499 and is available in green, yellow, orange, pink, purple, blue, and silver;
- All models can be preordered today and will be available next Tuesday, November 7th.