We’ve talked about myPhoneDesktop before on MacStories but we thought it deserved a short ‘re-review’ to accompany today’s giveaway. Keeping it simple, the premise of myPhoneDesktop is that it provides a portal through which you can easily transfer data and information from your desktop computer to your iPhone or iPad.
Broadly speaking the app transfers four types of data including phone data (both numbers and text messages), website URLs, text and images. When you send any of that data from your computer, and there is both a desktop and web client, it will be pushed straight to your device with a notification.
But where I think the app becomes most powerful is when you have the data on your iPhone or iPad. In the corner of the app it has the “Open in” icon where it literally has a wealth of options for your data. There is everything from the obligatory search with Google, to send by email, add to contact, send SMS or launching another app with that data. Importantly, the developers aren’t resting on their laurels, since we last talked about myPhoneDesktop there have been a few updates that continue to add more app integrations including Navigon and InstaTodo.
In reality I have only just scraped the surface of what this app can do, for example it also integrates with Google Voice and Skype, so make sure to check out the myPhoneDesktop website to learn more and get your own copy. Today we’re giving away 5 ‘double passes’ of myPhone desktop – in other words the five winners will receive two promo codes, perfect to give one copy to a iPhone-toting friend or family member, or (god forbid) use it as a belated Father’s Day gift. Details of the give away are past the break.
- We have 5 copies of myPhoneDesktop to give away. However each winner will receive two (2) promo codes, they can give the codes to whoever they like
- To enter the giveaway, tweet the following message before 12:00 PM EST (June 22): Win a copy of myPhoneDesktop on @macstoriesnet via @myPhoneDesktop http://mcstr.net/kxKpFQ
- We will search Twitter.com for tweets and retweets and randomly pick up the winners.
- Make sure to follow @macstoriesnet on Twitter so we can get in touch with you once the giveaway is over.
- If you want to increase your odds of winning, you can also leave a comment to this post. Please leave a link back to your tweet or Twitter account so we can find you!
- Winners will be contacted via a Twitter DM on Wednesday afternoon.