Mac computers have a very small share of the worldwide PC market: around 3.5%. Those are small numbers if you look at the big picture, but very important sources of revenue when it comes to Apple, which doesn’t license OSes but sells computers. You know the drill.
Now, what’s interesting to notice is that, according to Needham’s Charlie Wolf, the Mac is doing pretty good and growing fast in large enterprises.
- At 35%, Mac shipment growth in June easily exceeded the market’s growth rate of 20.9%.
- Mac shipments grew 31.4% in the home market, topping the market’s growth rate of 25.2%.
- At 49.8%, the Mac’s growth in business was three times higher than the market’s 15.7%.
- Mac shipments in government grew 200%, sixteen times faster than the market’s 12.1%.
Breaking down the Business portion of the data, Wolf found that the fastest growth is in enterprises. Take a look at the image below:
Last month we reported that US Mac sales, according to the NPD Group, grew 11% in June. With that growth in the US, enterprises adopting more and more Macs every quarter and Europe falling in love with Apple computers thanks to the iPhone, I won’t be surprised to see great financial results the next quarter, too. [via Fortune]
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.