Google has released an update to its Google Mobile application, making it compatible with the iPad. Guess what, the application seems to really sucks, as it doesn’t take advantage of any new feature of the iPad and only cares about putting the same old iPhone things on a bigger screen.
From the App Store page:
- My Location - avoid typing your current location when searching for nearby businesses;
- Google Suggest - tap suggested web search queries and local businesses that appear as you type;
- Search history - quickly search again for queries you recently performed;
- Vertical search - search Google Maps, Images, News, and Shopping
The very same old stuff. Check out the screenshots after the break.
Unlock MacStories Extras
Club MacStories offers exclusive access to extra MacStories content, delivered every week; it’s also a way to support us directly.
Club MacStories will help you discover the best apps for your devices and get the most out of your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It’ll also give you access to advanced iOS shortcuts, tips and tricks, and lots more.
Starting at $5/month, with an annual option available.
Join the Club.
A Club MacStories membership includes:
- MacStories Weekly newsletter, delivered every week on Friday with app collections, tips, iOS workflows, and more;
- MacStories Unplugged podcast, published monthly with discussions on what we’re working on and more;
- Monthly Log newsletter, delivered once every month with behind-the-scenes stories, app notes, personal journals, and more;
- Access to occasional giveaways, discounts, and free downloads.