Every year, Apple kicks off their keynotes start with a “state of the business” introduction that, with various numbers and facts, reveals how the company is doing in several areas such as retail, the App Store, iOS device sales and software upgrades, and Mac sales. At today’s media event in San Francisco, Apple CEO Tim Cook shared some interesting details on a variety of subjects.
- 9 million iPhones sold in opening weekend, making it the biggest launch ever.
- Apple played a video about the iPhone 5s and 5c launch around the world with OneRepublic’s “Life In Color” playing in the background.
- Five days after the iOS 7 launch, 200 million devices were running the OS (biggest software launch ever for Apple). As of today, 2/3 of Apple’s iOS devices (64%) are running iOS 7.
- iTunes Radio has so far had over 20 million listeners that have listed to over 1 billion songs.
- The App Store now has 1 million apps and users have downloaded over 60 billion apps to date. Developers have earned over $13 billion with the App Store.
- With Mavericks, the 13-inch MacBook Air can get over an hour of extra battery for web browser.
For more coverage, check out our October 22 news hub and follow @macstoriesnet on Twitter.
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.