Dropbox announced an update to its iOS app that adds five new features with a sixth promised ‘in the coming weeks.’ According to Dropbox, the update will be released today, although we have not seen it in the App Store yet.
The five new features are:
- The ability to sign PDFs within the Dropbox app, which eliminates the need to send PDFs to another app for signing.
- A new iMessage app that lets you access recent files from within the Messages app and insert them with a preview of the file into a conversation.
- A new widget, from which you can scan, upload, or create new documents and access recent Dropbox files.
- Notifications when someone else edits a document you are viewing and an opportunity to refresh the document to include the edits.
- Picture-in-Picture support when you watch videos stored in Dropbox.
Finally, Dropbox announced that ‘in the coming weeks’ it will also add Split View support for iPad users. It’s disappointing that Split View, which was introduced with iOS 9, is still not part of Dropbox, but good to know that we should see it added before the end of the year.