As usual, Apple sprinkled facts, figures, and statistics throughout the keynote today. Here are highlights of some of those metrics from the event, which was held online-only from the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California.
Apple Watch and Fitness+
- The S6 SoC is the Apple Watch’s 6th generation.
- Apple introduced 8 new Watch faces including the new Nike face, plus 4 new bands.
- Apple will include 0 USB chargers in the box with the latest Apple Watches.
- Apple’s new Fitness+ service features 10 types of workouts.
- Fitness+ features 8 music styles from which to choose, plus Apple Music integration.
8th Generation iPad and iPad Air
- Apple has sold 500 million iPads
- 53% of iPad users are first-time users.
- The iPad has been #1 in customer satisfaction for 10 years.
- The 8th generation iPad features:
- A 10.2” display
- An A12 SoC is 40% faster than its predecessor
- Graphics performance that is 2x faster than its predecessor
- Performs 2x faster than a Windows laptop, 3x faster than an Android tablet, and 6x faster than a Chromebook
- A Neural Engine that processes 5 trillion operations per second
- The iPad Air features:
- A 10.9” display with 2360 x 1640 resolution for 3.8 million pixels
- A chip built with 5 nanometer technology
- 11.8 billion transistors on the 6-core A14 SoC, a 40% increase
- A Neural Engine with 16 cores capable of 11 trillion operations per second