As widely expected, Apple has just updated the official Apple Store app to version 1.3 including custom configure options for Macs and the ability to get support quickly inside an Apple retail store. Contrarily to previous speculation, the app seems to be US-exclusive and doesn’t include an iPad universal version for now. With the new configure options, users are now able to build and order the Mac they want by selecting different RAM configurations, hard drives, displays and more – just like on the Apple Online Store. As for in-store support, the screenshot below shows you can access Mac OS X Tips and Tricks and workshop schedules, see how many customers are in line in front of you, and check out the next opening at the Genius Bar.
From the changelog:
- Enhanced in-store mode lets you get help and support quickly when you’re at an Apple Retail Store.
- The ability to custom-configure a new Mac with the options you want.
The app is available now in the App Store here.
Update: the app is actually becoming available internationally this time. Here’s the link to get it from the Italian store. The Apple Store app is now slowly propagating across Europe, as it’s out in France, Germany, UK, and Spain.
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.
Federico is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of MacStories, where he writes about Apple with a focus on apps, developers, iPad, and iOS productivity. He founded MacStories in April 2009 and has been writing about Apple since. Federico is also the co-host of AppStories, a weekly podcast exploring the world of apps, and Dialog, a show where creativity meets technology.
He can also be found on his two other podcasts on Relay FM – Connected and Remaster.
Instagram: @viticci |