With the Super Bowl less than a week away, Apple detailed today new and existing Siri functionality to learn about, and prepare for, the game.
Headlining the changes is a “Watch the Super Bowl” command for Apple TV, which will let users jump straight into watching the game live. Apple has rolled out other new commands centered around the players and teams and highlighted other existing Siri queries about stats, rosters, and odds.
Apple's examples include:
- When is the Super Bowl and who’s playing?
- Where is the Super Bowl being played this year?
- Who is performing at the Super Bowl halftime show?
- What channel is the Super Bowl on?
- What channel is the Puppy Bowl on?
- What is the Patriots record? What about the Falcons?
- Who had more field goals this season, the Patriots or the Falcons?
- Who has more rushing yards this season, Tom Brady or Matt Ryan?
- How many yards did Matt Ryan have last week?
- What college did Tom Brady play for?
- Who is the coach for the New England Patriots?
- Who won the Super Bowl last year?
Of course, Siri will perform other functions like keeping track of your shopping list, directing you to a friend’s house, or booking you a ride home from the bar.
You can check out Apple’s press release on Siri and the Super Bowl here.