As previously announced at WWDC, Apple today rolled out more details on three programs it has created for helping developers build apps for Vision Pro.
Developers will be able to submit their visionOS, iPadOS, and iOS apps for Vision Pro compatibility evaluations. Apple has included a checklist of steps developers should follow before submitting their apps. Once an app is ready, it can be submitted and will be tested on Vision Pro hardware, after which Apple says:
We’ll send you the evaluation results, along with any relevant screen captures or crash logs.
The second option is to apply to attend a lab in Cupertino, London, Munich, Shanghai, Singapore, or Tokyo. The labs are self-directed testing sites with Apple employees on hand to help with setup and troubleshooting.
Finally, developers can apply to borrow Vision Pro developer kit from Apple. The hardware loans also come with the following:
- Help setting up the device and onboarding.
- Check-ins with Apple experts for UI design and development guidance, and help refining your app.
- Two additional code-level support requests, so you can troubleshoot any issues with your code.
All three programs are open now, so if you’re working on an app for Apple Vision Pro, you can start submitting compatibility evaluation requests and apply for a lab or developer kit today.
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.