AutoCAD, the popular professional software for 2D and 3D design and drafting, has landed on the iPhone and iPad with a free version called "AutoCAD WS". It's universal, developed by Autodesk itself and available here.
AutoCAD WS allows to edit and share DWG files from your mobile devices: using iOS' multitouch you can preview, view and annotate drawings, check on external references and even image underlays. The app supports pinch and zoom for large drawings. You can also edit a file directly from your iOS device: Snap and Ortho modes are supported (pro users, you know what we're talking about here) and when you're done you can save your edits to the AutoCAD WS online workspace.
AutoCAD WS is free and available here. It looks like a great addition for existing AutoCAD users, and I'm pretty sure the future Mac version will bring some cool integration with the iOS app. Check out the full description and screenshots below.
View, edit, and share your DWG™ files from anywhere, with anyone.
AutoCAD® WS mobile app enables you to view and work with AutoCAD drawings directly on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Using the touch and gesture interface of your iPad or iPhone you can accurately view, annotate, and revise drawings on the spot. Change the way you work in the field or on the road by reducing the need to carry around over-sized paper drawings.
• Open DWG drawings uploaded to your free* AutoCAD WS online workspace
• See all aspects of your DWG file, including external references, layers, and image underlays
• Use Multi-Touch zoom and pan to more easily navigate very large drawings
• Tap objects to select, then move, rotate, and scale
• Draw or edit shapes with accuracy using Snap and Ortho modes
• Add and edit text annotations directly on your device; no need for paper mark-ups
• Validate distance measurements in the drawing while you are onsite at the actual location
• Save your edits to your AutoCAD WS online workspace, so your drawings stay up to date
• Share designs with others directly from your device
• Work with other people on the same DWG file simultaneously
• View edits to drawings in real time: AutoCAD WS immediately captures changes made by you and others in your online workspace.