For those of you who are DJs or just enjoy listening and mixing music, the latest version of Algoriddim’s Mac App ‘djay’ might interest you. Now at version 4.0, Algoriddim is claiming that this is the biggest update to the app yet. The big headline new feature is ‘Harmonic Match’ a new system that allows users to “create perfectly matched mixes with a simple click”.
With the introduction of Harmonic Match, djay automatically detects a song’s key and allows to match it to songs of the same key within your iTunes music library. It allows you transpose songs into different keys, and even sort your entire music library by key, perfect for creating studio quality mash-ups of your songs.
Beyond Harmonic Match, djay 4.0 also features a new audio engine that allows high quality Audio FX on the fly, precision scratching, visual waveforms and a host of other more advanced features. A particularly useful new feature in djay 4.0 is the support for iCloud, which means cue data and other metadata can by synced across the Mac, iPad and iPhone versions of the app. Another nice touch is support for the multi-touch trackpad where a user can “use rotate gestures to adjust the EQ, or two fingers to scratch the record and operate the crossfader”.
djay for the Mac is available on the Mac App Store for a special launch sale price of $19.99. Jump the break for a promotional video, as well as a full list of additions and improvements in djay 4.0.
For the past two years we’ve listened to all of your feedback and we’ve been hard at work making the best djay ever. Today, we’re proud to announce that djay 4 is now available! This is, without a doubt, the biggest update and best djay ever, including incredible features like Harmonic Match™ which lets you create perfectly matched mixes with a simple click. djay 4 also includes an awesome new audio engine with precision scratching, visual waveforms, iCloud integration, Audio FX, MIDI learn, and much, much more. These are the highlights:
- Redesigned single window UI
- Visual Waveforms
- Harmonic Match™: key detection and matching
- New Audio FX: Gate, Flanger, Phaser, Reverb, Echo, Filter (Low Pass + High Pass)
- Instant FX: Absorb, Drift, Sway, Crush, Punch, Twist
- Multi-touch FX Pad
- New integrated sampler (with an awesome built-in sample pack)
- New loop modes: Bounce looping
- iCloud integration
- Built-in organizer of recordings with instant preview
- New music library with dark/light mode
- New audio engine: high-quality key lock, low-latency scratching
- New stunning OpenGL graphics engine
- New Auto-Gain/Audio Normalize based on the Loudness Recommendation EBU R128 standard
- Enhanced MIDI support and MIDI learn including jog wheel mapping
- Enhanced Audio Hardware support and configuration options: Split Output Mode, option to disable mic input
- Enhanced Multi-touch control
- Enhanced preferences, e.g. option to adjust start and stop brake of turntable individually
- Improved fullscreen mode
- Improved iTunes library integration: support for playlist folders, improved sorting, integrated history, integrated key info