In what developer Shiny Frog described as its largest update yet, note-taking app Bear today received a version 1.1 update featuring new fonts, importing and exporting features, and more.
There’s a lot to unpack in version 1.1. Here are the highlights:
- Bear now includes support for bulk deletion and renaming of tags to better clean up your note organization.
- For increased readability, a new High Contrast theme, as well as three new fonts, have been provided for all users of Bear.
- Words prefaced with a (-) will be excluded for search, helping you refine your query.
- Syntax highlighting for the following programming languages: Perl, Ruby, Scaba, C#, Go, CoffeeScript, SCSS, Tex, R, and MatLab.
- More export options, including to TaskPaper, syntax highlighting in exports (Bear Pro only), and cleaner Word DocX exports, have been introduced.
- Day One, .TaskPaper, and .webbloc files are supported for importing files into Bear.
- Formatting options are available from the TouchBar on the latest MacBook Pros.
- Notes can be dragged onto a tag, rather than typing in the tag to each note.
- Web pages can be stripped down and formatted into notes through the app’s extension.
- Using “Hey, Siri,” you can ask Siri to read your note aloud.
More information on the new features can be found in the app’s release notes or on the app’s page. You can find Bear in the iOS App Store here and the Mac App Store here.
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.