As always, Apple’s WWDC keynote address was filled with a barrage of customer satisfaction figures, performance improvements, and more. Here are some of the most important numbers from today’s WWDC keynote.
- Apple now has 16 million registered developers, adding 3 million “last year alone.”
- WWDC 2017 has 5,300 total attendees from 75 countries represented.
- watchOS 4 brings 3 new types of Apple Watch faces: Toy Story, Kaleidoscope, and Siri.
macOS High Sierra
- Mail content now takes up 35% less disk space.
iMacs, MacBooks, and MacBook Pros
- The updated iMac screens now reach 500 nits of brightness.
- The new iMacs have 43% brighter screens while displaying one billion colors.
- The base model of the 21.5” iMac received an 80% graphics boost.
- The latest 4K 21.5” iMac now comes with 3x faster graphics.
- The 5K 27” iMac now sports up to 5.5 teraflops of graphics computing power.
- iOS has a 96% customer satisfaction rating, with an 86% iOS 10 install rate.
- 50% of U.S. retailers will accept Apple Pay by the end of the year.
- Siri now supports 21 languages and 36 countries.
- iOS users take 1 trillion photos per year in the Camera app.
- Apple Music now has 27 million paid subscribers.
- The App Store is visited by 500 million users weekly, boasts 180 billion app downloads total in its history, and has paid $70 billion to developers to date.
- The 10.5” iPad Pro screen is 20% larger than the 9.7” iPad Pro’s and the device weighs 1 pound.
- The new 10.5” and 12.9” iPad Pros reach a brightness of 600 nits and have a 120hz display refresh rate.
- Apple Pencil paired with the new iPad Pros has cut latency to 20ms.
- The 10.5” iPad Pro sports a 6-core CPU and a 12-core GPU, leading to 30% faster CPU performance and 40% faster graphics performance.
- The 10.5” iPad Pro has 10-hour battery life.
- HomePod is under 7” tall.
- HomePod has a 6 microphone system for “Hey Siri” listening.
- Apple Music brings 40 million songs to your living room.