Apple posted a series of software updates overnight, all of them aimed at improving stability and performances of the new iMacs, MacBook Pros and Thunderbolt, the technology introduced in the MBPs back in February. The biggest update is for the early 2011 iMacs, which got an updated version of 10.6.7 with bug fixes, performance and security enhances. More specifically, the update improves the reliability of Back to my Mac, addresses Mac App Store bugs, improves Thunderbolt support and addresses other issues with graphics stability and 3D performances. It’s a 382 MB download. Another update for the iMacs – an EFI update – “includes fixes that improve performance and stability for Thunderbolt.”
The MacBook Pros received updates, too. The MacBook Pro Software Update 1.4 improves Thunderbolt, external display support and 3D performances, whilst the EFI update 2.1 “includes fixes that resolve an issue with Turbo Mode in Boot Camp, and improve performance and stability for graphics and Thunderbolt.”
You can find all the updates in the Software Update panel on your Mac, or by following the direct links below.
- Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update for iMac (early 2011) 1.0
- iMac EFI Update 1.6
- MacBook Pro Software Update 1.4
- MacBook Pro EFI Update 2.1
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.