Lots of updates in iTunes these days: and it’s no surprise, considering that both iOS 4 and iPhone 4 are now out and loved by customers.
Fring latest updated added 2-way video calling over 3G connection. That’s right, no need to be on a wifi connection like Apple’s FaceTime, you can do this wherever you are. Too bad the app’s UI is still far from being as simple and intuitive as Apple’s solution.
Hipstamatic, the popular photography application for iPhone, has been updated as well. Lots of new features and fixes, check out the changelog below:
- Stacks (organize your prints in 9 image groups)
- Batch upload Stacks of prints to Facebook, Flickr, or Email
- Option to not tag images with lens/flash/film when uploading Facebook or Flickr
- Option to choose the album to upload to in Facebook
- Upload images to Facebook and Flickr in the background (iOS 4 only)
- User Interface optimized for iPhone 4’s Retina Display
- Faster startup time and fast app switching (iOS 4 only)
- Faster flipping from camera front to back (iOS 4 only)
- Prints will continue to process in the background when you quit Hipstamatic (iOS 4 only)
- Better scrolling performance in Recent Prints (iOS 4 only)
- Hipstamatic is more battery-efficient
- Black and White films now work properly (blue streak bug fixed)
- Fixed an iOS 4 bug that prevented people from entering contests
- The hardware flash on iPhone 4 now works properly with Hipstamatic (and is synced to when you turn the Hipstamatic flash on)
- Shake to Randomize is now more random
- Other miscellaneous user interface tweaks and bug fixes
A $1.99 download in the App Store, and a must-have now that it’s iPhone 4 compatible.
Mover+, the application from Infinite Labs that allows you to move stuff between iPhones, is now iPad-compatible.
- iPad support!
It’s still Mover, but it fills your iPad’s screen, shows your stuff much better, and brings a few new cool tricks you’ll love:
- Usability tweaks make managing your items on the table quite a bit less confusing.
- Large items allow you to look at your photos, contacts, text clippings and videos like you never could on a small mobile phone screen.
- Sounds quickly inform you of transfers in progress without having to look at the screen.
- You can now open your items in other applications. For example, if you receive a Numbers spreadsheet, you can open it in Numbers for iOS.
- You can now send items to the Mover table by opening them from other applications. For example, if you receive a Mail attachment, hold your finger over it and pick “Open in… > Mover+” to add it to the table.
- You can now take stuff off of, or put stuff on, the Mover table via USB cable using iTunes’s File Sharing pane.
Last, Nimbuzz has been updated to include iOS 4 multitasking and backgrounding support as well.