The Apple Design Awards recognize state of the art iOS and OS X apps and games that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design to provide an immersive, fun, and compelling experience. These apps raise the bar in design, technology and innovation with rich functionality and high performance; every year, Apple celebrates developers and their outstanding work by awarding them an Apple Design Award trophy and other special prizes. This year, winners received one of every Apple device (from the Mac Pro to iPhone) and the Apple Design Award trophy.
After evaluating the broadest set of apps possible from the App Store and Mac App Store, Apple has picked this year’s winners with a dedicated event at Moscone West on WWDC 2014 opening day. We have compiled the full list of 2014 Apple Design Award Winners below.
- PanoPerfect, by HalfPeeled & TwoBros
- Addimal Adventure, by Teachley
- Leo’s Fortune, by 1337 and Senri
- Day One for Mac, by Bloom Built
- Blek, by Kunabi Brother
- Yahoo News Digest, by Yahoo
- Threes, by Sirvo
- Cinemagraph Pro, by Flixel Photos
- DEVICE 6, by Simogo
- Storehouse, by Storehouse Media
- Sky Guide, by Fifth Star Labs
- Monument Valley, by ustwo
For more coverage, check out our WWDC 2014 news hub and follow @macstoriesnet on Twitter.
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.