So exactly how many iPad 3G’s have landed in customer’s hands? AT&T gave up some of the juicy details as a part of their quarterly earnings report.
- AT&T reported that it activated service on 400,000-500,000 iPad “Wi-Fi + 3G” devices during the quarter, which actually consists of only the last two months of the quarter as the 3G-capable models did not begin shipping until the very end of April.
- 75-80% of iPad data customers are on the more expensive 2 GB plan priced at $25 per month as opposed to the 250 MB plan at $14.99 per month. AT&T had initially launched an unlimited data plan priced at $29.99 per month, and users who joined that plan while it was in effect can remain on it for the foreseeable future provided they do not allow their service to lapse.
It was also noted that 50% of all Fortune 100 companies have deployed or are piloting the iPad for corporate use.
[Silicon Alley Insider via MacRumors]
Unlock MacStories Extras
Club MacStories offers exclusive access to extra MacStories content, delivered every week; it’s also a way to support us directly.
Club MacStories will help you discover the best apps for your devices and get the most out of your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It’ll also give you access to advanced iOS shortcuts, tips and tricks, and lots more.
Starting at $5/month, with an annual option available.
Join the Club.
A Club MacStories membership includes:
- MacStories Weekly newsletter, delivered every week on Friday with app collections, tips, iOS workflows, and more;
- MacStories Unplugged podcast, published monthly with discussions on what we’re working on and more;
- Monthly Log newsletter, delivered once every month with behind-the-scenes stories, app notes, personal journals, and more;
- Access to occasional giveaways, discounts, and free downloads.