Throughout Apple’s presentations, we’ve come to expect a barrage of facts, statistics, and figures that fill out the company’s narrative. Spanning hardware, software, and retail, these numbers are the public’s opportunity to see how Apple is performing and growing from year to year.
Today’s keynote was no different, with the group of presenters sharing numbers covering a variety of topics. Listed below are the most important figures from the event.
- Apple Music has accrued 17 million subscribers since launch.
- Apple Music subscribers have access to over 30 million songs.
- To date, there have been over 140 billion App Store downloads.
- The App Store’s revenue is 2x that of its closest competitor.
- There are now over 500,000 games in the App Store.
- Apple is now the 2nd highest selling watch brand.
- Apple is 1st in smartwatch sales and customer satisfaction.
- Apple Watch Series 2 is water resistant to 50 meters.
- Apple Watch Series 2 is 50% faster than the previous generation and delivers 2x faster graphics performance.
- Apple Watch Series 2 contains the brightest-ever Apple display at 1000 nits.
- Apple, to date, as sold over 1,000,000,000 iPhones.
- The new OIS system on the iPhone 7 allows for 3x more exposure.
- The new telephoto lens allows for 4x better quality in zooming.
- The new screens in the iPhone 7 series are 25% brighter.
- The surround sound speaker set in the iPhone 7 is 2x as loud as the iPhone 6s.
- The iPhone 7’s A10 Fusion chip is 40% faster than the previous-generation A9.
- The graphics power of the A10 Fusion is a 50% increase from the A9.
- AirPods hold 5 hours on a single charge.
- Through charging with their case, AirPods can last for 24 hours.