Throughout Apple’s presentations, we’ve come to expect a barrage of facts, statistics, and figures that fill out the company’s narrative. Spanning hardware, software, and retail, these numbers are the public’s opportunity to see how Apple is performing and growing from year to year.
Today’s keynote was no different, with the group of presenters sharing numbers covering a variety of topics. Listed below are the most important figures from the event.
- Apple Music has accrued 17 million subscribers since launch.
- Apple Music subscribers have access to over 30 million songs.
- To date, there have been over 140 billion App Store downloads.
- The App Store’s revenue is 2x that of its closest competitor.
- There are now over 500,000 games in the App Store.
- Apple is now the 2nd highest selling watch brand.
- Apple is 1st in smartwatch sales and customer satisfaction.
- Apple Watch Series 2 is water resistant to 50 meters.
- Apple Watch Series 2 is 50% faster than the previous generation and delivers 2x faster graphics performance.
- Apple Watch Series 2 contains the brightest-ever Apple display at 1000 nits.
- Apple, to date, as sold over 1,000,000,000 iPhones.
- The new OIS system on the iPhone 7 allows for 3x more exposure.
- The new telephoto lens allows for 4x better quality in zooming.
- The new screens in the iPhone 7 series are 25% brighter.
- The surround sound speaker set in the iPhone 7 is 2x as loud as the iPhone 6s.
- The iPhone 7’s A10 Fusion chip is 40% faster than the previous-generation A9.
- The graphics power of the A10 Fusion is a 50% increase from the A9.
- AirPods hold 5 hours on a single charge.
- Through charging with their case, AirPods can last for 24 hours.
You can also follow all of the MacStories coverage of today’s Apple’s keynote through our September 7 Keynote hub, or subscribe to the dedicated September 7 Keynote RSS feed.
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.