Every time Apple holds a keynote event, a host of interesting numbers are shared related to the products announced. Although today’s event at the Steve Jobs Theater was unique in many ways, with no hardware announced and a focus entirely on new services, there were still plenty of metrics announced, which we’ve rounded up below.
- Over 5 billion articles are read in Apple News each month.
- Apple News is the #1 news app in the world.
- Apple News+ provides access to over 300 magazines.
- At a cost of $9.99 per month, Apple News+ includes access to content that would separately amount to a cost of over $8,000 per year.
- Over half a billion people visit the App Store each week.
- Over 1 billion users have downloaded games on the App Store.
- Apple Arcade will provide access to over 100 new and exclusive games.
- When Apple Arcade launches this fall, it will be available in over 150 countries and regions.
- The TV app currently integrates with over 150 streaming apps.
- Today the TV app is available in 10 countries, but the new TV app will be coming to over 100.
- Apple TV+ will be available in 100+ countries when it launches.
- Apple Pay is currently on track to surpass 10 billion transactions this year.
- By the end of 2019, Apple Pay will be available in more than 40 countries.
You can follow all of our Apple event coverage through our March 25 hub, or subscribe to the dedicated March 25 RSS feed.
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.