Full-time or part-time students over the age of 13 have the chance of winning one of 150 scholarships to attend this year’s WWDC. Apple says that it wants to “reward outstanding student developers with the opportunity to attend this year’s conference on a WWDC 2012 Student Scholarship”. It means that for those lucky (and talented) students selected, they can attend the WWDC conference free of charge (tickets are on sale today for $1599). Apple will be judging the applicants on a few key criteria:
- Technical ability
- Creativity of ideas expressed in products/projects
- Prior WWDC attendance
- Technical and work experience
Due to the low age-limit, some events such as the WWDC Bash may restrict some students if they are under 18. Apple has posted a full list of eligibility requirements and more details on the application process and it should be noted that applicants also be a member of the iOS Developer Program, iOS Developer Enterprise Program, or Mac Developer Program, or an iOS Developer University Program Student and they must have been a member prior to August 1st, 2011.
You can lodge your own application for the 2012 WWDC Student Scholarship here, or view all the details on the 2012 WWDC page. The deadline for sending in your application is Wednesday, May 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM PDT.
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.