Every time Apple holds a keynote event, the company shares a variety of numbers related to things like user counts for certain products, software performance improvements, and customer satisfaction. With the company announcing the future of key platforms like iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS today, there was unsurprisingly a lot of data mentioned at today's WWDC event.
We've collected some of the most important numbers shared on-stage during the keynote and outlined them below.
App Store and Developers
- There are currently over 20 million registered Apple developers.
- Next month, the App Store turns 10 years old.
- 500 million weekly visitors browse the App Store.
- After this week, developers will have earned a total of over 100 billion dollars during the lifespan of the App Store.
- The App Store currently holds over 350,000 apps written, at least in part, in Swift.
- Half of customers upgraded to iOS 11 within 7 weeks of release last year.
- Currently 81 percent of compatible devices are running iOS 11.
- The Apple Watch business grew 60 percent in 2017.
- Apple's activity labs for Watch development have produced a cumulative 2.3 million calories burned.
- The Apple TV business has seen 50 percent growth since the Apple TV 4K was introduced.
- Over 100 video channels currently integrate with Apple's TV app.