Adding to its collection of HomeKit-supported devices, Elgato today introduced five new devices that are coming soon, each of which serves different areas of the home.
- Eve Thermo is a second-generation connected radiator valve that brings the typical benefits of a smart thermostat to the world of radiators. It includes capacitive touch control on-device, doesn’t require a connected bridge, and starts shipping September 26.
- Eve Smoke is a smart smoke detector that can not only set off an alarm, but also trigger different HomeKit notifications and scenes. One of the benefits is that in addition to offering a ten-year battery life, you can also check the device’s state using Siri or your iPhone to ensure it’s working properly.
- Eve Lock enables control of locking and unlocking a door via HomeKit, even if you’re away from home. It can also automatically lock the door every time it shuts. It’s powered by an internal battery and uses Bluetooth.
- Eve Window Guard monitors the state of a window, so you can easily see if it’s open or closed from your iPhone. It also can sense when the window is being tampered with and will send a notification to let you know.
- Eve Aqua makes watering the lawn or plants easy by allowing you to set up and manage irrigation schedules from your phone. You can also activate and monitor irrigation on-demand.
Besides the Eve Thermo, every other new Eve device is currently without a shipping date.
It’s always good to see more devices enter the HomeKit ecosystem, especially now that Apple will soon have HomePod, a voice-powered HomeKit hub, on the market. Hopefully the combination of HomePod’s launch and the changes Apple has in store for HomeKit in iOS 11 will lead to a renewed enthusiasm for Apple’s ecosystem among smart device makers.