Apple has released OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5, an update that brings improvements for file transfers, WiFi, Mail, and more. The last update to Mountain Lion, version 10.8.4, was released in June, ahead of WWDC. It appears that this new version fixes a CoreText bug that caused strings of text containing Arabic characters to crash certain Mac apps.
Full changelog below:
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from displaying messages
- Improves AFP file transfer performance over 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Resolves an issue that may prevent a screen saver from starting automatically
- Improves Xsan reliability
- Improves reliability when transferring large files over Ethernet
- Improves performance when authenticating to an Open Directory server
- Addresses an issue that prevented a smart card from unlocking preference panes in System Preferences
- Contains the improvements included in MacBook Air (Mid 2013) Software Update 1.0
OS X 10.8.5 is currently available through Software Update on the Mac App Store. We'll post links to standalone downloads as soon as they're available.
Update: Download links from Apple.