Apple’s Q4 earnings call is live and available for streaming here. We’re continually updating this post with notable quotes and facts from the conference.
- Apple’s Peter Oppenheimer: “best Mac quarter ever”;
- 27% year-over-year growth in Mac sales is more than double IDC’s latest estimate of overall market growth (11%);
- iPhone sales have doubled in Asia year over year;
- 80% of Fortune 500 have deployed or are trailing iPhone;
- “We could have sold more iPhones if we had been able to make them”;
- Adoption of iPhone in enterprise continues to grow;
- The App Store continues to be an unparalleled success;
- Apple retail revenue up 75% year-over-year, selling 874K Macs (up 30%)
- 125 million iOS devices sold to date
- 65,000 games/entertainment apps in the App Store. 30,000 iPad apps;
- Steve Jobs: “I don’t see RIM catching up with us”
Unlock MacStories Extras
Club MacStories offers exclusive access to extra MacStories content, delivered every week; it’s also a way to support us directly.
Club MacStories will help you discover the best apps for your devices and get the most out of your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It’ll also give you access to advanced iOS shortcuts, tips and tricks, and lots more.
Starting at $5/month, with an annual option available.
Join the Club.
A Club MacStories membership includes:
- MacStories Weekly newsletter, delivered every week on Friday with app collections, tips, iOS workflows, and more;
- MacStories Unplugged podcast, published monthly with discussions on what we’re working on and more;
- Monthly Log newsletter, delivered once every month with behind-the-scenes stories, app notes, personal journals, and more;
- Access to occasional giveaways, discounts, and free downloads.