Apple’s Q4 earnings call is live and available for streaming here. We’re continually updating this post with notable quotes and facts from the conference.
- Apple’s Peter Oppenheimer: “best Mac quarter ever”;
- 27% year-over-year growth in Mac sales is more than double IDC’s latest estimate of overall market growth (11%);
- iPhone sales have doubled in Asia year over year;
- 80% of Fortune 500 have deployed or are trailing iPhone;
- “We could have sold more iPhones if we had been able to make them”;
- Adoption of iPhone in enterprise continues to grow;
- The App Store continues to be an unparalleled success;
- Apple retail revenue up 75% year-over-year, selling 874K Macs (up 30%)
- 125 million iOS devices sold to date
- 65,000 games/entertainment apps in the App Store. 30,000 iPad apps;
- Steve Jobs: “I don’t see RIM catching up with us”
Unlock More with Club MacStories
Founded in 2015, Club MacStories has delivered exclusive content every week for over six years.
In that time, members have enjoyed nearly 400 weekly and monthly newsletters packed with more of your favorite MacStories writing as well as Club-only podcasts, eBooks, discounts on apps, icons, and services. Join today, and you’ll get everything new that we publish every week, plus access to our entire archive of back issues and downloadable perks.
The Club expanded in 2021 with Club MacStories+ and Club Premier. Club MacStories+ members enjoy even more exclusive stories, a vibrant Discord community, a rotating roster of app discounts, and more. And, with Club Premier, you get everything we offer at every Club level plus an extended, ad-free version of our podcast AppStories that is delivered early each week in high-bitrate audio.
Choose the Club plan that’s right for you:
- Club MacStories: Weekly and monthly newsletters via email and the web that are brimming with app collections, tips, automation workflows, longform writing, a Club-only podcast, periodic giveaways, and more;
- Club MacStories+: Everything that Club MacStories offers, plus exclusive content like Federico’s Automation Academy and John’s Macintosh Desktop Experience, a powerful web app for searching and exploring over 6 years of content and creating custom RSS feeds of Club content, an active Discord community, and a rotating collection of discounts, and more;
- Club Premier: Everything in from our other plans and AppStories+, an extended version of our flagship podcast that’s delivered early, ad-free, and in high-bitrate audio.