Available at developer.apple.com. We’ll keep you posted about it in this post.
The download comes as a 355MB .dmg. From what we’ve been told, it seems like there are a lot of fixes and some cool changes. Regarding multitasking, the time for task completion has been changed from 5 to 10 minutes; I guess Flickr apps will take advantage of this.
- iTunes still doesn’t support folders synchronization. Too bad.
- Various visualization fixes in Game Center.
- New way to choose a custom wallpaper
- The music controls (with double press on the Home button) are back
There’s a really major bug in this beta: screenshots and photos don’t get saved in the Camera Roll. If you need these features, don’t upgrade. As TUAW suggests, the only solution is to take screenshots using Xcode. For bloggers who take screenshots everyday, this is a major bug.
Also, if you take a photo using the Camera app, it freezes. What have you done, Apple?
Another one: iPhoto import doesn’t work. If you had pictures in a previous backup, you can’t transfer them.
Mail accounts have small icons next to them now. Image courtesy of iSpazio.
All, except Gmail. Weird, isn’t it?
Thanks to iSpazio, we can now see the new animation for multitasking. Beautiful:
- The App Store search bar now is persistent, it stays on screen even if you’ve decided to download an application. Very useful to download an app after another one.
- You can’t use Find My iPhone in this beta.