A new version of Find My iPhone was released a few minutes ago in the App Store. The new app, reaching version 1.2, adds the ability to remove offline devices from the list of iPhones and iPads you configured, or be notified with an email when an offline device comes online and is located again.
- When you are unable to locate a device because it is is offline, you will receive an email if the device comes online and is located.
- Ability to remove an offline device from the list using the app.
It's unclear how the new Find My iPhone takes advantage of iCloud, but we're pretty sure Apple has already moved everything to the new system from MobileMe. You can find the updated app here.
Unlock MacStories Extras
Club MacStories offers exclusive access to extra MacStories content, delivered every week; it’s also a way to support us directly.
Club MacStories will help you discover the best apps for your devices and get the most out of your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Plus, it’s made in Italy.
Starting at $5/month, with an annual option available. Join the Club.
A Club MacStories membership includes:
- MacStories Weekly newsletter, delivered every week on Friday with app collections, tips, iOS workflows, and more;
- Monthly Log newsletter, delivered once every month with behind-the-scenes stories, app notes, personal journals, and more;
- Access to occasional giveaways, discounts, and free downloads.