Every time Apple holds a keynote event, a host of interesting numbers are shared related to the products announced. Although today’s event at the Steve Jobs Theater was unique in many ways, with no hardware announced and a focus entirely on new services, there were still plenty of metrics announced, which we’ve rounded up below.
- Over 5 billion articles are read in Apple News each month.
- Apple News is the #1 news app in the world.
- Apple News+ provides access to over 300 magazines.
- At a cost of $9.99 per month, Apple News+ includes access to content that would separately amount to a cost of over $8,000 per year.
- Over half a billion people visit the App Store each week.
- Over 1 billion users have downloaded games on the App Store.
- Apple Arcade will provide access to over 100 new and exclusive games.
- When Apple Arcade launches this fall, it will be available in over 150 countries and regions.
- The TV app currently integrates with over 150 streaming apps.
- Today the TV app is available in 10 countries, but the new TV app will be coming to over 100.
- Apple TV+ will be available in 100+ countries when it launches.
- Apple Pay is currently on track to surpass 10 billion transactions this year.
- By the end of 2019, Apple Pay will be available in more than 40 countries.