According to BGR — who has a good track record on iOS releases and rumors — Apple is preparing to launch a new version of iOS, 4.3.1, “within one to two weeks”. The release, a minor one as usual following the “point upgrade”, will contain a series of fixes for the baseband and will also patch a vulnerability in the iPad 2 that enabled hackers to jailbreak the device.
- Baseband updates for the 3GS and iPad (original)
- Fixed memory hang that results in memory corruption when reading large files from USIM filesystem
- Fixed problem with NTLM authentication in apps and on websites
- Fixed issue with the Springboard and 3rd party apps not recognizing the gyroscope on the iPad 2
- Fixed iPad 2 jailbreak vulnerability
iOS 4.3 was released on March 9th ahead of the iPad 2 launch.
• You should follow the author on Twitter here.