Plex Gets iOS 7 Update
My Must-Have iPad Apps, 2013 Edition
Reeder 2.1 Released with Themes, Reading List Support, Fixes
Tweetbot 3.2 Brings Night Theme, Account Reordering and Quick Switching
Alfred 1.1 Released: Address Book, Filter Actions & More Improvements
This release brings some great feature improvements to Address Book, Hotkeys and Extensions:
- In the Address Book contact viewer, take action on contacts’ details.
- Select text in any app & open Alfred to take action on it with a hotkey
- Set default actions on filter extensions, like uploading a file to Flickr automatically
- Replace existing Powerpack extensions easily when updates are released
- Many more improvements and tweaks to make your Alfred experience even better.
It is hard to have a case of the Mondays when your week starts off with a great update to Alfred. Users of the non-Mac App Store version can download version 1.1 and start enjoying many of Alfred’s enhancements to the PowerPack features: Address Book, Hotkeys, and Extensions. From my understanding, the next update to Alfred was going to be a maintenance release but with Address Book getting so much love, the developer decided to make it a more substantial release.
PowerPack users can now view Address Book contact notes, messaging information, as well as social information from within Alfred. Also added was the ability to assign a default action or pre-existing Extension to phone numbers and email addresses. A similar Action option was added to Filters as well. There is a new configurable hotkey for more advanced options when opening Alfred and you will find a whole lot more in the official change log. I am really interested to see how the Alfred scripting community is going to run with these changes. If you find a clever way to use these new default actions be sure to share it in the comments below.